Fellow CEA Member,
We wanted to give a quick update on the current status of contract negotiations for our still unresolved 2017-18 contract.
The Illinois State Board of Education still has not finalized funding numbers for districts for the distribution of new money agreed to by the State Legislature last August. Governor Rauner recently vetoed a bill that would have allowed these funds to be distributed, so there are more political maneuverings in Springfield now holding up final funding numbers as well as bureaucratic issues with ISBE.
That said, we have arranged another bargaining session with the Board of Education. We will meet on the evening of Tuesday, February 6th, in hopes of reaching some kind of agreement with the Board and Administration. We will keep everyone updated on the status of our contract talks as we have information to share.
If we are not updating our Facebook page, website, or emailing members as quickly as you may like, please know that is because there just isn’t new information to share. Because of the delays on the State’s end, we are left in some degree of limbo. However, know we are working diligently even in this unsettled political environment to finalize this year’s contract as quickly as we can with the Board.
We will certainly share any new and relevant information we have with you as quickly as we have it.
Thanks for all you do,
CEA Bargaining Team